Kubios HRV Premium is a widely used software for heart rate variability (HRV) analysis software for scientific research and professional use. Kubios HRV Premium provides detailed HRV analysis with over 40 analysis parameters. For example, it includes an accurate QRS detector and an automatic correction algorithm to guarantee high quality HRV data in all conditions.
Mindfield is the official German distribution partner for the HRV Premium Software. We offer the Kubios HRV Premium software for the same price as Kubios but on top of that we offer the support in German.
Kubios HRV Premium (ver. 3.2) for Windows (64-bit Win 7 SP1 or 10) or macOS (Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave). A perpetual license including one-year updates and technical support. One license allows you to install and use Kubios HRV Premium on one computer. If there are more than one people who need to work with Kubios HRV, then you need more than one license.
Compatible with all Mindfield MindMaster devices and the eSense Pulse
The Kubios HRV Premium software is with all our Mindfield MindMaster devices compatible. You can analyze and evaluate all ECG and pulse data from the MindMaster with the Kubios HRV Premium.
The combination of Kubios software with the eSense Pulse, our HRV biofeedback device, is also possible. This is very well suited for scientific research as well as professional use for biofeedback trainers.
For Scientific Research
Kubios HRV is a scientifically validated software and is being widely used in both clinical and pre-clinical research. The software has been developed during the past 15 years by experienced medical physicists. The software was originally published in 2004 and underwent a significant update in 2014. These two publications have attracted many citations (https://scholar.google.com/scholar?oi=bibs&hl=en&cites=5701425467957781058&as_sdt=5).
Stress and recovery monitoring
Kubios HRV Premium provides detailed and illustrative monitoring of changes occurring in the activity of the autonomic nervous system. With its powerful time varying analytical protocols, you can easily monitor your daily stress levels or evaluate how exercise and training affects your health
Supports your measurement device
Kubios HRV Premium is compatible with several commonly used electrocardiogram (ECG) devices and with most of the HR monitors on the market. The only requirement for the HR monitor is that it can record inter-beat interval (IBI) data.
- Kubios HRV Premium is available for 64-bit operating systems: Windows (7 SP1, 8 and 10), MacOS, and Linux
- Minimum system specifications: 4 GB RAM, 3-5 GB of disk space and screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher
- Easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI)
- Adaptable to user needs due to adjustable analysis settings through software preferences
Supported data formats and devices
- Inter-beat-interval (IBI) or RR interval data files: Garmin FIT files; Polar HRM and TXT files; Suunto SDF, STE, XML and FIT files; custom formatted text and CSV files
- ECG/PPG data files: Biopac ACQ3 files; Cardiology XML files; European data format (EDF/EDF+) files; General data format (GDF) files; ISHNE Holter ECG data files; custom formatted text and CSV files
- Supported ECG/PPG devices: Actiwave Cardio, AliveCor Kardia, Biopac, eMotion Faros, Empatica E4, Shimmer and several other clinical Holter and ECG monitors
- Supported HR monitors: ActiHeart, emWave, Firstbeat Bodyguard, Garmin (Forerunner and Fenix series), Polar (V800), Suunto (Ambit and Spartan series), Zephyr BioHarness
- Built-in QRS detector for accurate detection of ECG R-waves and pulse wave detector for PPG data
- Automatic correction algorithm for correcting missed, extra and misaligned beats from RR interval time series. The algorithm was validated using the MIT-BIH arrhythmia database, showing 97.0% accuracy in detecting ectopic beats and 99.9% accuracy in identifying normal beats
- Smoothness priors method for removing very low frequency trend components when performing short-term HRV analysis.
HRV analysis features
- Stress level and indexes for parasympathetic (PNS) and sympathetic nervous system (SNS) activities
- Time-domain parameters: Mean RR and HR, min and max HR, SDNN, RMSSD, pNN50 (with adjustable threshold), HRV triangular index and TINN
- Frequency-domain parameters: Welch’s/Lomb-Scargle periodogram and AR spectrum estimates. VLF, LF and HF peak frequencies and band powers (powers in absolute units and normalised units), and LF/HF ratio
- Nonlinear parameters: Poincare plot (SD1, SD2, and SD2/ SD1), ApEn, SampEn, Detrended fluctuation analysis (DFA), Recurrence plot analysis (RPA), and Multiscale entropy (MSE)
Respiratory Sinus Arrhythmia (RSA) estimation
When ECG data is used, the software computes automatically the ECG derived respiration (EDR), which provides an accurate estimate of the respiratory rate. The respiratory rate needs to be taken into account when estimating RSA (ensuring that the respiratory rate is within the HF band)
Time-varying analysis features
- Time trends in the HRV parameters to detect changes in HRV e.g. during a 24-hour recording or during exercise and recovery periods
- Analysis window can be adjusted for investigating long-term or short-term dynamics
- Spectrogram with “Fire” colormap, a graphical illustration of dynamic changes in HRV components, at a glance, one can appreciate how stress affects the cardiovascular system and how therapeutic actions can hasten recovery
Reports and exporting results
- ECG printout option for printing the ECG signal (single lead) on a standard paper ECG layout
- PDF reports with detailed HRV analysis results and graphics
- Text file export for saving all the analysis results into a structured text file
- Matlab MAT file export for saving the analysis session and the results. Previously performed analysis session can be reopened by opening the MAT file, which enables an easy and quick way to change analysis settings and reanalyse the data
- "SPSS friendly” batch file export to save analysis results into a CSV file, which can be opened in Excel or imported into SPSS
Best HRV Software review by Steve on 10/07/2018
Kubios is the best HRV software that I know. Works like a charm with the MindMaster!
Write Your Own Review
The eSense comes with the eSense app which you can load for free in the in the Google Play Store (Android), in the Apple App Store (iOS) or the Amazon Appstore. The app contains a variety of functions for an effective biofeedback training in a modern design. Essential function are the display of the measured values app as bargraph and oscilloscope, a feedback by video, music, tones, vibration and new: by light via a bluetooth smart bulb.
Download it here:
Please enter your email address below. You will receive a link to reset your password.Ahh, wait, I remember now!