Mindfield eSense Skin Response (Finders Course Edition)
The Mindfield eSense Skin Response is a small sensor to measure your skin conductance using the microphone input of your smartphone or tablet (Android or Apple iOS). Your skin conductance depends directly on your state of relaxation or stress, making it a perfect match and essential part for the Finders Course.
The world's first scientifically validated mediation course using biometrics to quantify states of awakening and provide persistent inner peace. The Finders Course provides the most effective technologies for creating permanent positive shifts in peace of mind, mental balance, life satisfaction and happiness. More information about the Finders Course can be found on the official website: Website Finders Course
Even more: Biofeedback with the App from Mindfield
Apart from the Finders Course, the eSense can be also used with the App from Mindfield.
With the eSense Skin Response, you can also precisely identify your stress level and reduce it with biofeedback training. The eSense provides you in various ways with exact feedback about your momentary stress level, e.g. with measurement curves, video display and audio feedback features.
The eSense Skin Response is also compatible with the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus (in combination with the included Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter). For the audio biofeedback, the eSense now has a headphone jack, so you can additionaly listen to music or audio books while training your stress level down.
The free App from Mindfield
The app for eSense is free, and allows exporting the measured data via e-mail. This app is included with every eSense, it provides all features as described on this page. With buying an eSense you get this free, professional and fully featured app for perfect biofeedback training.
New eSense universal App from Mindfield (2016, just 4,99 USD)
In addition we recommend to grab our new designed eSense app with extended features (Release August 2016) available for 4,99 USD in Apple App Store or Google Play Store. This app offers the same functions of the free app plus some new feautures as described on the app page in the app stores in a fresh new design.
Important informations about the ordering process:
When placing an order please note:
- You can only order one eSense per person/order. If you need more than one, please place several orders or contact us first.
- You can only order this eSense without other articles from our store. This is due to a special discount price for this eSense and automated shipping process. If you want to place an order for other products of our shop, please place an additional order.
- We ship all orders with UPS only. You can choose UPS during checkout, the shipping fee is calculated in realtime depending on your location. You can fully track the order on UPS website, you recieve a tracking number from our shop.
- If import taxes or customs fees apply to your country, these fees will be collected in cash by UPS when delivering at your door.
- We ship from Germany, all shipments within Germany and countries of the European Union are free from import taxes or customs fees.
- Any more questions not answered here: Please send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please buy electrodes yourself at Amazon:
The Finders Course will provide you with more information about how many electrodes you need and where to order them.
Here is an example of electrodes you can order from Amazon.de:
Here is an example of electrodes you can order from Amazon.com:
If you want to order electrodes from our shop, you can do so, but please place an additional order for them!
You can not order them together with the eSense Skin Response. We recommend to order the electrodes from Amazon!
Skin Conductance / Skin Response
Skin response, also known as galvanic skin response (GSR), electrodermal response (EDR) or skin conductance (SC) is a method for measuring the skin's electrical conductance, which varies with its moisture level. Conductance is measured in µSiemens (µS) and is the inverse of electrical resistance.
The eSense Skin Response measures skin conductance between two Velcro electrodes attached to the index- and middle fingers. Active measurement involves applying a very low, unnoticeable voltage to the fingers.
Significance of Skin Conductance and Biofeedback-Training
In a professional, therapeutic context, skin conductance training is the preferred biofeedback training method for anxiety, panic and learning relaxation.
The sweat glands are controlled by the vegetative (sympathetic) nervous system and react directly to the smallest emotional, physical or mental changes. A rise in skin conductance is clearly visible under the influence of stress. Stress factors may be, for example, mental activity, emotional arousal, deep inhalation or frightening.
Even the smallest changes are made visible with the aid of the app, and can be used for biofeedback training to reduce stress.
A detailed introduction is included in the free app.
Included with eSense Skin Response
Mindfield® eSense Skin Response Sensor
2 velcro electrodes
Free app from Mindfield via the App Store or Google Play
Extensive instructions for effective biofeedback training.
Quick Guide to Usage
- When you buy the eSense skin response you can download our free app from the App Store (Apple®) or Google Play (Android).
(You can also download it in advance, but the app can not be effectively used without the sensor)
- Fix the two velcro electrodes around your index- and middle fingers.
- Combine the eSense Skin Response with the microphone jack of your mobile device, and with the velcro electrodes.
- Start the app and click "Start", the measurements will begin.
- Please carefully read the instructions within the app to get the best out of biofeedback training.
- Have fun with the eSense Skin Response!
- P.S. You can re-order velcro electrodes in our shop, but they are durable and can be re-used many times.
Which iOS Devices are Supported?
- Apple® iPhone® from 4S
- Apple® iPad® from 2nd Generation
- Apple® iPod touch® from 5th Generation
- Apple® iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus (in combination with the included Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter)
My eSense does not work with iOS 7 (or higher)
- The eSense works through the microphone port. From iOS 7 or higher you have to allow explicitly that the eSense app may use the microphone port, otherwise it will not work. You are asked for this during installation, please answer with “Yes” or “Allow”. After installation you can make this setting manually: Allow the eSense app to use the microphone port in the system settings of your iOS device: Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone.
Which Android Devices are Supported?
- Android smartphones and tablets from Android 4.0
Your Android device requires a 3,5mm jack (headphone jack) for external microphones!
Is there a way to extend the cord of the eSense?
- If you wish to use a longer cord between the eSense and your smartphone or tablet, you can extend the original cord of the eSense with a common, 4-pin, 3,5mm jack headset extension cord. We have tested 3 cords that have worked:
- 2m cord: http://amzn.to/2kJwqBM
- 0,5m cord: http://amzn.to/2kKEONs
- 110cm cord: http://amzn.to/2jJg1LZ
All three suggested cords cost between £ 6-8 and are available f.i. from Amazon. Alternatively you should be able to use other 4-pin cords as well.
Which electrodes are working with the eSense?
- We offer 4 types of electrodes. Those have different advantages depending on the intended use. There are Velcro electrodes, Fingerclips (without gel), Gel electrodes and EDA Gel electrodes.
The Velcro electrodes are suitable for the beginning since they are inexpensive, re-usable and easy to use
The Fingerclips are suitable for the beginning as well, but more comfortable
The Gel electrodes have a better signal quality due to the gel, but are not re-usable
The EDA Gel electrodes are offering the most precise measured values and are re-usable, but require more effort in use and maintenance
You can see our full FAQ here:
Please enter your email address below. You will receive a link to reset your password.Ahh, wait, I remember now!