Kubios HRV Scientific Software License 1-Year (Academic License, only for non-commercial use)
With Kubios HRV Scientific, you can turn your ECG device or HR monitor into a powerful tool to probe the cardiovascular system or to evaluate the effect of stress and recovery on heart health. Compatible with all of our Mindfield MindMaster Devices
- More Information
- Reviews (0)
Kubios HRV Scientific (the next generation of Kubios HRV Premium) is a widely used software for heart rate variability (HRV) analysis software for scientific research and professional use. It provides detailed HRV analysis with over 40 analysis parameters. For example, it includes an accurate QRS detector and an automatic correction algorithm to guarantee high quality HRV data in all conditions.
New features (not available in Kubios HRV Premium)
Supports Kubios HRV mobile app measurements. Use the custom measurement mode of the Kubios HRV mobile app and sync your recordings to your PC using the Kubios Cloud sync
Support for extra data channels (view additional channels on data axes)
ECG waveform analysis (QRS duration, QT and QTc times, and P, Q, R, S and T amplitudes)
Training data analytics with detailed performance metrics (HR, RESP, TRIMP, ventilatory thresholds and VO2) and heart rate recovery
Species selection (rat, mouse & pig) available for pre-clinical researchers.
Mindfield is the official German distribution partner for the HRV Scientific Software. We offer the software for the same price as Kubios but on top of that we offer the support & official German manual in German language.
Kubios writes about the license:
Kubios HRV Scientific (ver. 4.0) for Windows (Win 10 or 11, 64-bit) and macOS (Catalina, Big Sur or Montrey).
A single user subscription license (1-year subscription) including access to Kubios HRV mobile app data, software updates, and technical support. One license allows you to use Kubios HRV Scientific on one computer at a time. “Academic License” shall mean a license, which has been purchased at a price (“Academic Price”) offered only to academic organizations and other not-for-profit organizations as well as to individuals for the purpose of using the Software only for Academic Use and/or Personal Use.
With the release of Kubios HRV Scientific, the updates to Kubios HRV Premium have been discontinued and license maintenance extensions cannot be purchased for existing Kubios HRV Premium licenses.
Compatible with all Mindfield MindMaster devices and the eSense Pulse
The Kubios HRV Premium software is with all our Mindfield MindMaster devices compatible. You can analyze and evaluate all ECG and pulse data from the MindMaster with Kubios.
The combination of Kubios software with the eSense Pulse, our HRV biofeedback device, is also possible. This is very well suited for scientific research as well as professional use for biofeedback trainers.
For Scientific Research
Kubios HRV is a scientifically validated software and is being widely used in both clinical and pre-clinical research. The software has been developed during the past 15 years by experienced medical physicists. The software was originally published in 2004 and underwent a significant update in 2014. These two publications have attracted many citations (https://scholar.google.com/scholar?oi=bibs&hl=en&cites=5701425467957781058&as_sdt=5).
Stress and recovery monitoring
Kubios HRV Premium provides detailed and illustrative monitoring of changes occurring in the activity of the autonomic nervous system. With its powerful time varying analytical protocols, you can easily monitor your daily stress levels or evaluate how exercise and training affects your health
- Product page: https://www.kubios.com/hrv-scientific/
- Software brochure: https://www.kubios.com/downloads/Kubios-HRV-Scientific.pdf
- Software User’s Guide: https://www.kubios.com/downloads/HRV-Scientific-Users-Guide.pdf
- End User License Agreement (EULA): https://www.kubios.com/hrv-scientific-license/
Supports your measurement device
Kubios HRV Scientific is compatible with several commonly used electrocardiogram (ECG) devices and with most of the HR monitors on the market. The only requirement for the HR monitor is that it can record inter-beat interval (IBI) data.
- Kubios HRV Premium is available for 64-bit operating systems: Windows (Win 10 or 11, 64-bit) and macOS (Catalina, Big Sur or Montrey).
- Minimum system specifications: 4 GB RAM, 3-5 GB of disk space and screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher
- Easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI)
- Adaptable to user needs due to adjustable analysis settings through software preferences
Kubios HRV mobile app
- Analyze custom measurements made with the Kubios HRV app
- Compatible with Polar (H10 and Verity Sense) and other Bluetooth HR sensors supporting RR interval data
- HR monitors: Polar, Garmin, Suunto etc. (IBI or RR data). Direct export from Polar Flow (RR data from any Polar Flow compatible watch when used with H6, H7 or H10 sensor)
- ECG devices: Actiheart 5, AliveCor Kardia, Biopac, Bittium Faros, Mindfield MindMaster, Shimmer, Zephyr BioHarness and several clinical Holter and ECG monitors
- PPG devices: Empatica E4, HeartMath emWave and other PPG devices storing IBI data
- Supported file formats include EDF/EDF+, Cardiology XML, ISHNE Holter ECG, Biopac ACQ3, Physionet MIT, FIT. and custom formatted text and CSV files.
- Small animal HRV data is supported
- Built-in beat detection for ECG and PPG data
- Automatic noise detection algorithm with adjustable sensitivity
- Automatic beat correction algorithm for correcting missed, extra and misaligned beats from RR interval data
- Optimal trend removal (to enhance short-term HRV analysis)
- Analyze specified time periods or process the whole recording using time-varying analysis
- Parasympathetic (PNS) and sympathetic nervous system (SNS) indexes for stress and recovery monitoring
- Time-domain HRV parameters: Mean RR, SDNN, RMSSD, pNN50, HRV triangular index, TINN, HR deceleration (DC) and acceleration capacity (AC) etc.
- Frequency-domain HRV parameters: VLF, LF and HF band powers, peak frequencies and LF/HF ratio
- Nonlinear HRV parameters: Poincare plot (SD1, SD2, and SD2/SD1), ApEn, SampEn, Detrended fluctuation analysis (DFA), Recurrence plot analysis (RPA), and Multiscale entropy (MSE)
- Time-varying analysis to assess time trends for time-domain, frequency-domain and nonlinear HRV parameters.
- Respiration rate (RESP) estimate for exercise physiology, accurate respiratory sinus arrhythmia (RSA) analysis, and individual resonance frequency assessment.
ECG waveform analysis
- QRS duration, QT and QTc times, and P, Q, R, S and T wave amplitudes for specified time periods
- Parameters are extracted from an average ECG waveform (selection criteria for averaged beats can be adjusted).
Training data analysis
- Detailed performance metrics, including HR, HR reserve, RESP, training intensity and volume (TRIMP), ventilatory thresholds (VT) based on HR, RESP and DFA-alpha1, and VO2
- Heart rate recovery at 60s, 120s and 300s increments as well as fast 30s recovery (T30).
Reports and results export
- HRV analysis results (PDF report, CSV, and ”SPSS friendly” exports). The “SPSS friendly” batch file export is ideal for group analyses or repeated measures
- ECG waveform analysis results (PDF report, CSV, and ”SPSS friendly” exports)
- Training data analysis results (PDF report and CSV export)
- ECG printout option for printing the ECG signal (single lead) on a standard paper ECG layout (PDF report)
- Analysis session backup (Matlab MAT export).
References and validation papers
- Selected publications describing certain functionalities of Kubios HRV software or providing validation results for our HRV pre-processing and analysis algorithms are available at: https://www.kubios.com/publications/