eSense Muscle Home Edition (1-Channel EMG Biofeedback with Web App)
incl. 19% VAT plus Shipping Costs
The eSense Muscle can measure and evaluate electromyographic activity and transmit it to a terminal device via Bluetooth®.
- More information
- Q / A
- Reviews (0)
General information about EMG (electromyography) biofeedback training
The eSense Muscle can measure and train electromyographic muscle activity and transmit it to your computer/smartphone/tablet via Bluetooth®.
The musculature of the human being plays an essential role in the body. Our muscles are the largest energy consumer and are responsible for about 70- 80% of our body weight. Muscle activity is manifested along the fibers of a striated muscle in the form of permanent, electrical potential shifts. This electrical activity can be measured at the skin surface in the form of more considerable summation potentials. This form of measurement is called (surface) electromyography, and the result is an electromyogram.
Transverse striated muscles are controlled by our somatic nervous system and are subject to voluntary control. Every volitional action of a muscle can therefore be observed in an electromyogram. Thus, the tension of a muscle on 27 which surface EMG electrodes are placed immediately leads to increased trace in the EMG signal.
However, involuntary reactions, such as stress, inner tension, and emotional experience, can also be measured as (tonic) activity in the EMG. EMG biofeedback can also report back the general psychophysiological tension. The interplay between the autonomic and somatic nervous systems can be depicted particularly well in the EMG. Increased muscle tone is mainly based on an increase in sympathetic activity. A decrease can be attributed to more robust parasympathetic activation. The eSense EMG device is easy to use and provides instant biofeedback.
Scope of delivery of the eSense (EMG Device) Muscle Home Edition:
- Mindfield® eSense Muscle Sensor incl. 1600mAh lithium polymer battery for approx. 12 hours of continuous operation
- Clip to fixate the sensor unit at the clothing
- Electrode cable set for connecting up to 3 electrodes for the use of the EMG device
- USB-C charging cable and charger
- Bluetooth® dongle for Windows, if your PC does not have Bluetooth® (please refer to the enclosed instructions)
- 50 pieces of EMG surface electrodes
- 50 pieces of alcohol swabs for cleaning the skin
- eSense Muscle Web App from Mindfield, available at www.esense-muscle.com
- Detailed instructions for effective biofeedback training.
Details Home Edition (EMG Device)
- One channel is available (the scope of delivery of the Home Edition therefore only includes the accessories for a 1-channel training)
- A bandpass of 100-200 Hz is preset
- All 1-channel animations are available
- All games are also available in the Home Edition (because generally all games are also playable with one channel)
- On the highscore page all points from the games and animations are visible to the user
- The eSense Muscle Web App is available (for Windows, Mac, Linux and limited on mobile devices)
- The eSense Muscle Mobile App is NOT available, this is only part of the Pro Edition
Apple, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. | IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under licence. | Android is a trademark of Google LLC | The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Mindfield Biosystems Ltd. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
The EMG signal
With EMG, we measure a voltage curve over time. We pay attention to the amplitude (the magnitude) of the signal and the frequency. Depending on the musculature, considerable differences become 28 apparent. An EMG signal from a small muscle, e.g. from a finger on the hand, is significantly lower in amplitude and frequency range than the signal from the large thigh muscle.
The eSense Muscle EMG Device can measure the EMG raw signal and transmit it via Bluetooth®, as well as already three preset bandpass signals (RMS) in the frequency ranges:
20 Hz to 950 Hz, 20 Hz to 300 Hz and 100 Hz to 200 Hz
You can select and use these in the eSense web app and also the mobile app. In biofeedback, we work exclusively with the bandpass RMS signals, as these are directly related to amplitude and applied muscle force. The amplitude ranges from a few µV (millionths of a volt) to several hundred µV in particularly strong muscles.
The frequency range of the EMG signal does not play a significant role in EMG biofeedback. It only emphasizes the signal part you 29 want to look at. EMG activity has a reasonably broad frequency spectrum, roughly from 10 Hz to 500 Hz, focusing between 25-300 Hz. Choose a wide filter (20-950 Hz) if you want to capture and feedback all components in the EMG and choose a narrow filter (100-200 Hz) if you’re going to capture the majority and filter out possible sources of interference such as pulse artifacts or mains hum. The eSense Muscle is a very accurate EMG device that gives you very accurate biofeedback feedback.
Quick User Guide
- The complete manual can be found on our website www.mindfield.de under “Biofeedback” => “Products” => “eSense” => “eSense Muscle”. You can also find a demo video on our website. A short instructions comes with the eSense Muscle as well.
- Take the electrode cable set from the package. Five electrode cables are included. In black, white, yellow, red and green.
- The yellow electrode cable is the ground / earthing electrode!
- For a 1-channel measurement, please use the electrodes black (channel 1+), white (channel 1-) and yellow (grounding).
- For a 2-channel measurement, please use the electrodes black (channel 1+), white (channel 1-), yellow (grounding), red (channel 2+) and green (channel 2-).
- 2-channel EMG biofeedback device
- Bluetooth® 5.0 transmission to PC or smartphone / tablet (Android and iOS)
- Built-in Li-Ion battery 1600mAh for up to 12 hours of uninterrupted operation
- 2 bipolar EMG inputs (CH1 +, CH1-, CH2 +, CH2-), 1 x analog ground
- 2 multifunction buttons for operating the device
- 1 RGB LED to display the operating status
- 24 bit ADC and preamplifier for each channel, native sampling with 2 kHz per channel
- 3 Bandpass filter (Bessel, 8th order) per channel. -3dB. Limit frequencies: BP1: 20..950Hz, BP2: 20..300Hz, BP3: 100..200Hz
- RMS calculation and moving average over 0.5 seconds. Decimation to 100 RMS samples per second
- 200mV differential measuring range per channel
- 0.024 μV ADC Resolution per LSB
- < 1.7 μV RMS Noise BP1
- < 1.3 μV RMS Noise BP2
- < 0.8 μV RMS Noise BP3
- Channel 1 and 2 CMRR at 50Hz and 60Hz: better -105dB
- Protection against electrostatic discharges (ESD) up to + -15kV according to the “Human Body Model”, IEC 1000-4-2, Air-Gap Discharge
- Operating mode: continuous operation
- Measurement accuracy EMG amplifier / ADC, amplification: ± 5% basic accuracy, ± 0.2% after calibration, bandpass lower and upper limit frequency: ± 0.1%, sampling frequency: better than ± 0.1% (Resonator)
- Operating range: 5-40 ° C, <= 95% relative humidity
Engineered in Germany
Who is the eSense suitable for?
- for private users / home users
- for professional users (biofeedback trainer)
Mindfield eSense Web App for Windows, Mac and Linux
The eSense Muscle is being delivered with new software for the first time, a web app that runs exclusively in a browser.
You don’t need to install any software. All you need is:
- A PC / notebook with: Windows 10, Mac or Linux
- A functioning Bluetooth® connection on this PC / notebook, Bluetooth® must therefore be available and usable.
- A browser that supports “Web Bluetooth®” so that you can connect to our eSense Muscle via Bluetooth®. As of April 2021, these are Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Opera
We recommend to use the latest version of Google Chrome. Mozilla Firefox and Apples Safari are NOT supported.
So if you have a computer with Bluetooth® and one of the browsers mentioned, please go to the website: https://www.esense-muscle.com