The Magic Blue is a smart bulb which can be controlled via Bluetooth. The color as well as the brightness can be adjusted. This enables you to use the light from the bulb as an indicator of your level of stress or relaxation in combination with the eSense Skin Response or eSense Temperature.
From within the eSense App, you can connect to the Magic Blue and use it in your biofeedback session. Depending on the state of your relaxation, the bulb can show different colors or a different brightness or a combination of both.
Despite the usage with the eSense app, with the Magic Blue you get yourself a fully functional smart bulb that you can use for other purpose and which has a quite low energy consumption compared to many other bulbs. For the price of € 19.90 (or USD 24.90) it is also considerably cheaper than other smart bulbs.
- Control method: Bluetooth
- Power: 4,5 Watt
- Input voltage: AC 100-264V
- Luminous flux: 350 LM
- Possible colors: 16 Million
- Control distance: 20 m (less with objects in between)
- Size: 61mm (Diameter) & 102mm (Height)
- Bulb holder: E27
There is an app for the Magic Blue itself available for iOS in App Store and for Android on Google Play. The name of the app is 'Magic Led Light V2' and it is available in English, French, Spanish, German, Korean, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. It is supported by Android 4.3 (or later) and iOS 8.0 (or later)
Question 1: How do I connect to the bulb?
You connect to the bulb from the app. To connect to the bulb, open the app and follow those steps:
- Choose the sensor you want to use (Skin Response or Temperature)
- Choose the ‘settings’
- Enable the ‘Smart bulb feedback’ and choose ‘Magic Blue’ as the bulb type
- Tab on the ‘Choose A Bulb’ button and select the bulb from the list that you want to connect to
- (You can also test the chosen bulb by tapping on the ‘Connection Test’ button. If the color of the bulb changes by this, the bulb is connected)
After you have followed those steps, the app will remember the bulb you chose (You usually don’t need to follow those steps again unless you want to use another bulb).
You don’t need to pair the bulb by the device generic Bluetooth settings. (Note: If you pair your device that way, you won’t be able to find and select the bulb from inside the app. If you did so by accident, simply un-pair the bulb from the generic Bluetooth settings and follow the steps above).
Question 2: What can I do if connecting to Bluetooth fails or device is not found?
Restart the bulb (switch the switch of the lamp holder off and on again). Especially if the bulb is already switched on more than 1 minute, the bulb stops sending the Bluetooth signal to connect. Restarting activates the signal again and the bulb can be found.
Question 3: Why can’t I find the device when scanning for Bluetooth devices?
Check the LED on the bulb to make sure the bulb is switched on. If there is metal around the bulb (for example a lampshade around the bulb), it could shield the bulb and block the signal.
Make also sure that the bulb is not connected already to another phone or tablet since the bulb can just be connected to one phone or tablet at a time (see also next question).
Question 4: How many bulbs can I control at the same time?
You can control one bulb at the same time.
Question 5: How far can be the distance between bulb and phone or tablet?
Usually the range is 18 to 30 meters without any objects in between. It will be less with objects between the bulb and your phone and tablet (for example a wall between the bulb and the smartphone or tablet can decrease the range).
1. Choose the sensor you want to use (Skin Response or Temperature) 2. Choose the ‘settings’ 3. Enable the ‘Smart bulb feedback’ and choose ‘Magic Blue’ as the bulb type 4. Tab on the ‘Choose A Bulb’ button and select the bulb from the list that you want to connect to 5. (You can also test the chosen bulb by tapping on the ‘Connection Test’ button. If the color of the bulb changes by this, the bulb is connected)
Works and good price review by Jonathan on 04/06/2018
I was sceptical since it is so cheap. But it works and is a much better deal than the Hue.
Write Your Own Review
The eSense comes with the eSense app which you can load for free in the in the Google Play Store (Android), in the Apple App Store (iOS) or the Amazon Appstore. The app contains a variety of functions for an effective biofeedback training in a modern design. Essential function are the display of the measured values app as bargraph and oscilloscope, a feedback by video, music, tones, vibration and new: by light via a bluetooth smart bulb.
Download it here:
Please enter your email address below. You will receive a link to reset your password.Ahh, wait, I remember now!